Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sandy McTrigger. Every bone in his body gave him pain. His jaws were sore and bleeding. His upper lip was smashed where the club had fallen. One eye was almost closed. Several times Sandy came near much pleased at what he.

Pulse was fine. I gave him another treatment and he said the last of the pain left him. "'Now ' says I 'you'd better stay in bed for a day or two and you'll be all right. It's a good thing I happened to be in Fisher Hill Mr. Mayor ' says I. cheap propecia Years. We are so different with disparate motivations–why should there be a clash any more than between two species of birds in the same garden?" I'd never seen birds or a garden so that passed me by. Jeru just glared. She said at last "Let's return to practicalities. How do their fortresses work?" When Pael didn't reply she snapped "Academician you've been inside a fortress cordon for an hour already and you haven't made a single fresh observation?" Acidly Pael demanded "What would you have me do?" Jeru nodded at me. "What have you seen tar?" "Our instruments and weapons don't work " I said promptly. "The Brightly exploded. I broke my arm. " Jeru said "Till snapped his neck also. " She flexed her hand within her glove. "What would make our bones more brittle? Anything else?" I shrugged. Pael admitted "I do feel somewhat warm. " Jeru asked "Could these body changes be relevant?" "I don't see how. " "Then figure it out. " "I have no equipment. " Jeru dumped spare gear–weapons beacons–in his lap. "You have your eyes your hands and your mind. Improvise. " She turned to me. "As for you tar let's do a little infil. We still need to find a way off this scow. " I glanced doubtfully at Pael. "There's nobody to stand on stag. " Jeru said "I know. But there are only three of us. " She grasped Pael's shoulder hard. "Keep your eyes open Academician. We'll come back the same way we left. So you'll know it's us. Do you understand?" Pael shrugged her away focusing on the gadgets on his lap. I looked at him doubtfully. It seemed to me a whole platoon of Ghosts could have come down on him without his even noticing. But Jeru was right; there was nothing more we could do. She studied me fingered my arm. "You up to this?" "I'm fine sir. " "You are lucky. A good war comes along once in a lifetime. And this is your war tar. " That sounded like parade-ground pep talk and I responded in kind. "Can I have your rations sir? You won't be needing.
sdrg5fe4875udrkkdfkgjdrh47784ugjjk

No comments:

Post a Comment